We played 4 tough matches in the bright sunshine against strong players from Ealing and Wimbledon and the girls played really well to keep up with the opposition.
The tactics for the day were – GO WIDE, BALL SPEED and TIGHT MARKING (like Velcro!) 😊
There was some brilliant play from all the girls in different areas and the below summarises the team play
- Alexandra – played very well going forward and started to get the confidence to take the free hits very quickly which kept the opposition on their heels so well done!
- Flora – played well on the left midfield and made some great tackles and then distributed the ball quickly to the forwards
- Clara – played in the midfield and allowed the team to pass the ball from 16yard hits to her in the midfield and then she passed the ball wide into space. Made some great tackles too running back to help defend.
- Ellie – She ran her socks off and played upfront and also in defence. In one of the games she ran all the way from the attacking D back to our own goal line and prevented a sure goal.
- Emily – Emily has great skills on the ball and made sure that she passed quickly to the team. She had a few shots on goal but was not able to convert.
- Grace – She played upfront and ran nice and wide to try and create space for the midfielders to find her. She also had a few great shots on goal but was not able to convert.
- Hattie – Hattie played at the back and made some brilliant tackles to stop the forwards getting through. She also marked really well and was great to see their forwards getting frustrated when their players could not reach them!
- Lucy – Lucy played right half and was brilliant at taking quick hits. After the first game I sat with Lucy and explained why I wanted the quick hits and she picked this up in the next game and took lots of quick hits which unsettled the opposition. She also stayed nice and wide to allow Clara to get the ball to and then attack.
- Maddie – Maddie was the start central defender and kept many of the attackers out of the D and she then cleared the ball out to the side-lines really well. She then took a bouncing ball onto her finger and unfortunately has broken her finger which is so unfortunate as she was playing so well until this point. We wish her a speedy recovery from this.
- Olivia – There was a lot of action for Olivia and she made a lot of stops. She had 3 one on ones with very fast forwards sprinting into the D and she stopped 2 of these when she came off her line so well done for this.
The girls never gave up and kept their chins up after going behind in all the games. They all came off after the 4th game having tried their hardest and I was proud to see them all smiling when they received a bag of Haribo’s for their efforts 😊