Girls Under 14s
Welcome to the U14 Girls squad. We are a thriving squad of enthusiastic year 8 & 9 girls who have enjoyed plenty of success at all levels over the years. Having made the National Finals in a very disrupted 2020/21 season, we are hoping for an uninterrupted season which develops and challenges all of our players.
- Training takes place on Friday evenings at Charterhouse School from 6.30pm to 8pm. The first session for this season starts on Friday 10th September 2021 with training happening on a weekly basis right up to the end of March 2022.
- The U14 girls squad operates under a comprehensive training programme designed by our Director of Junior Coaching, Dan Fox and in line with the latest England Hockey techniques.
- Our coaches implement this programme on Friday nights at training and ensure the skills learnt are utilised in matches on Sunday. The coaches are constantly looking at what is working well or not and identify areas for improvement, which are then incorporated into the Friday night training sessions.
- The coaches that train the girls on Friday night are the same coaches that manage the teams on Sunday – this consistency really helps with the ongoing development of the girls
- All girls are encouraged to play in matches so they can put the skills they learn on a Friday night into action.
- Matches as a rule take place on Sundays throughout the season and are always 11-a- side fixtures.
- This season we have entered 5 Teams into the South East Hockey league and 2 teams into a friendly mega league that GHC were responsible for setting up with other local clubs.
- 3 of the 5 league teams will also get the opportunity to play in the England Hockey Cup championships.
- Our girls are selected for teams based on the types of fixtures, the level / ability of the opposition and the availability of the squad on the day.
- We strive to make sure that each girl is playing in teams and matches that will both develop and challenge her.
- Most girls who make themselves available for a fixture are selected to play.
Coaches & Management
For the 2021/22 season we are pleased to report that we have an incredibly strong coaching team in place.
Coaches: Lucy Wood, Libby Leadbeater, James Relph, Nicky Dowds, Jon Dye, Jo Lawton, Matt Thomas, Steve Parker and Geoff Mann
The U14 Girls Squad Manager is Katie Stewart. She will be your main point of contact for anything to do with U14 Girls’ hockey throughout the season:
Most of the squad communication will be done via Teamo, however we may also use email to make parents aware of certain fixtures, player availability & selection and more.
This is the club management system and will be used to liaise with the parents of players. Players registered with the club will be invited to training each Friday night and will be required to log in to Teamo and register their attendance. For Sunday fixtures players will be asked to confirm their availability for selected matches via Teamo.
Please look out for the Club's weekly email that goes to all Club members. This will make you aware of what is going at the Club. If you don't receive your copy of InTouch it can also be found on the website Home page.
Follow the club and not only find out what is going via: