Girls U12 Squads
We have a thriving squad of enthusiastic Under 12 Girls including girls of all ability levels; some have played for club and school, some are beginners and have hardly touched a hockey stick before coming for taster sessions at GHC. The squad includes the Years 6 and 7 age group, ie girls who either turn 11 or 12 years old during the school year (1 September to 31 August).
- Training takes place at Broadwater School from 7.30-9pm on Friday evenings. Please encourage your daughter to register at the beginning of each session.
- Our Junior Section has a comprehensive training programme for all age groups to ensure that each age group is covering a breadth and depth of skills during the season. This is implemented by our coaches during each session.
- Our coaches work closely with the girls to give feedback on what is working well and identify areas for improvement.
- Mid-week training sessions take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6pm to 7pm - starting date to be confirmed for this season (£5 charge per session).
- Holiday skills courses are also available and encouraged during school half-term breaks (see Juniors page for details).
- All girls are encouraged to play in matches. These mostly take place on a Sunday and include both the 7-a-side and 11-a-side formats.
- Our Under 12 Girls are entered into three different types of leagues managed by the Home Counties Girls Hockey League:
- one team in the 11-a-side League (GU12 Flames)
- one team in the 7-a-side Development League
- one team in the South East Mini Hockey Festivals, 7-a-side (GU12 Mini)
- In addition we organise friendly matches in both formats to keep the girls enjoying the team aspect of the sport and learning how the game is played.
- We also participate in the Surrey County Cup and Plate competitions that take place towards the end of the season and can lead to Regional and National competitions.
- Girls are selected for teams based on the types of fixtures, the level of the opposition teams and the availability of the squad on the day. We strive to make sure that each girl is playing in teams and matches that will both develop and challenge her. Most girls who make themselves available for a fixture are selected to play; the 7-a-side format allows us to organise multiple teams depending on the number of girls available.
- GHC Website - Fixtures and Results can be accessed through this webpage. Coaches and parents produce some lovely and helpful match reports of the girls' matches and tournaments - please show these to your daughter as they contain valuable learning to take away from the event.
- Email - Match details and availability are managed through email. Robert Manning is our Squad Manager and will be liaising with parents about matches, availability, training and more. Robert will be in touch about who can play on a given day and can also help answer any questions you have have. Thank you in advance for responding promptly to requests about availability.
Coaches and Management
Charlotte Craddock is our Lead Coach for the Under 12 Girls. Charlotte is an experienced coach having coached for a number of years in the UK and the USA. A former top player, Charlotte was part of the GB team who played in Beijing 2008 and was voted an All-Amercian three times while playing for one of the top ranked university teams in the US.
Charlotte will be supported by a number of Assostant Coaches including Robert Manning, Sophie Sherman, Janet Talman, Carole Jones.
Robert Manning is the Squad Manager - please contact him with any questions you have about the squad.