Cold Weather News...
Please check here and the GHC twitter feed for updates about training and matches that may be at risk of cold weather. If you are still unsure if an event is going ahead, please check with your Captain or Squad Manager.
Latest 14 Dec 2018:
- No Junior training at Broadwater Friday 14 Dec. No GU16 training.
- U14s training and indoor training is on at Charterhouse. BU16s check with Squad Manager.
The 2018/19 Season Brochure is Here!
Members, please collect your printed copy from your Captain or Squad Manager or from the clubhouse.
Also enjoy our digital version by clicking on the image here.
The message is clear - we love our club and want to keep making it better and better.
A huge thank you to any and everyone who helps make the club work and makes it such a Great Place to Play.
Junior Skills Camps - Book Now
We have new dates for you including Indoor! Camps are a great way to work on new skills or hone those ones you have - and great fun, too!
- Saturday 22 December - Indoor sesions for U9-12 and U13s and up
- Wednesday 2 & Thursday 3 January - Outdoor Camp for all ages + Performance Group
- Monday-Wednesday 18-20 February - Outdoor Camp for all ages + Performance Group
See our Junior Camps page here for details and to book - Junior Skill Camps
Safeguarding in the Spotlight
Now that the 2018/19 season is well underway, please make sure you are aware that our Club Welfare Officer is Michelle Fussell. If you have any questions, suggestions or concerns about welfare, please do not hesitate to .
Please also note the most recent guidance from EH on these important topics:
- Social Media
- Juniors in Senior Teams
Let's keep GHC a safe and happy place for ALL!
2018/19 Season Well Underway
Following a terrific 2017/18 season all around, GHC are building on promotion of the Ladies 1s, a strong finish from the Men's 1s and National and Regional titles for the Juniors. We are attracting more players and coaches and looking forward to another terrific season:
- Gary Boucher remains as our Men's 1st XI coach after a competitive and strong 2017/18 season finishing just out of title and promotion contention. The Men are having some training over the summer already and Gary is attracting new talent to GHC, too.
- Following the superb result of promotion to South Div 2, Shay O'Connell will coach our Ladies 1s again in 2018/19. The Ladies are looking forward to another strong and enjoyable season.
- Dan Fox continues as Director of Junior Coaching, working with our professional coaches and also our large group of volunteer coaches (mostly parents and older juniors) to train and educate using the best and latest techniques and tips from the England Hockey Player Pathway and Golden Thread.
These three outstanding coaches also work together to share information and learning for the benefit of the club.
Our 2s and lower teams also benefit from coaching sessions mid-week provided. And we will continue to run 'Back to Hockey' sessions for those new to the sport or looking to get back into it after time away.
There are many more plans in process to make 2018/19 another happy, successful season at Guildford. We welcome new players, coaches, umpires, spectators, supporters, etc. Please don't hesitate to .
Guildford Hockey Club
Whether you're 5 or 65, there's never been a better time to play hockey. Players, parents and supporters have been enjoying the sport and social life that thrives around hockey at GHC since 1912.
We have 7 Men’s teams, 5 Ladies’ teams, Mixed hockey and a thriving Junior Section with 600 children from 5 to 18 years old. Our Clubhouse is located at Broadwater School in Godalming with two all-weather pitches and it's busy with training, matches and social events on weekday evenings and weekends.
We pride ourselves on providing an enjoyable and productive hockey experience for all age groups and all ability levels. Please have a look at our website and if you are interested in playing or getting involved. New players very welcome. Come and see why Guildford is A Great Place to Play.