Junior Skills Camps at GHC
Camps and extra sessions are a great way to improve your skills and fitness and enjoy hockey even more.
Our camps are expertly designed and run by double Olympian Dan Fox and in collaboration with other international and premier league players and top coaches.
Superb coach to player ratios and outstanding player and coaching experience mean players learn a lot, are inspired and have fun.
Non-GHC Players are very welcome.
Have a look at past camps to see how they run and who has been coaching recently:
Links to Booking Forms for Dec and Jan below...
Sat 22 December - Indoor Hockey!
- These two hour intense sessions will give you an excellent start at indoor hockey if you haven't played before. Learn all the tips and techniques of the pros.
- If you have already played indoor hockey and would like to take it to the next level, these sessions are also for you. We will split players into age/ability groups.
- Non-marking, clean trainers, please. We have indoor sticks to lend. Mouth guard, shin pads and water bottle essential.
- 10:00 - 12:00 for U9-10-11-12
- 12:30 - 14:30 for U13s and up
- £15 for 2 hour session. £5 for GKs.
Wed & Thu 2 & 3 January - Outdoor Camp
Mon, Tue & Wed 18, 19 & 20 February - Outdoor Camp
For our outdoor camps:
Ages 6-12 - All Ages and Abilities
The focus of these sessions is "fun and engaging hockey". Book one, two or all three days. This camp usually fills up with 8-12 year olds, but younger players who are keen are very welcome, too. Players are split into small groups of like age/ability to mq
If you would like more information or to discuss or assess the suitability of sessions for younger players, contact details for camp organisers are below.
£50 per day (sibling/multi-day discount: £45 per sessions per player booking more than one session or sibling).
Ages 12-16 - Intensive Academy and Performance
This camp is geared towards players training/preparing for England Hockey Player Pathway Development, Academy, and Performance Centres this season and next.
Please note these sessions are not exclusively for those in the Player Pathway - all welcome if you are interested in working hard and improving.
All sessions are under the direction of GHC Director of Junior Coaching Dan Fox who is also Director of Hockey at Charterhouse and coaches in the England Hockey Player Pathway.
Goalkeepers of all ages are very welcome in all sessions (£15 for outdoor, £5 for indoor).
Book Here for Dec and Jan
Booking for Februray from next month, please.
GHC Members (and those already in the GHC Admin system):
GHC Members please click here - please note you may need to verify some details in your PSO record and you will need to click on 'Payment' tab to see the camp options.
Non GHC Members (and those not in our PSO system):
Please click here to create a record in PSO, choose your camp options and pay.
Please contact with any questions.
OUTDOOR CAMP - DETAILS
Dates: 2-3 Jan, 18-19-20 Feb
Time: 10-3pm (REGISTRATION 9.40AM)
Where: GUILDFORD HOCKEY CLUB, Broadwater School, GU7 3BW - Directions
What to Bring:
- Hockey Stick
- Shin Pads
- Water Bottle
- Lunch - PLEASE NOTE Could we ask you to avoid nuts in the lunch boxes due to allergies.
- Sunblock and hats
- Lightweight Waterproofs (because this is the UK and we can have 4 seasons in one day!)
- Left Hand Glove (Dan Fox would like all players to start wearing them to prevent hand injuries).
We look forward to seeing many of you out there and hope you enjoy the course!