Junior Skills Camps at GHC
Camps and extra sessions are a great way to improve your skills and fitness and enjoy hockey even more.
Please note that due to the covid-19 pandemic, our Summer 2020 options are more limited than usual - we are delighted to bring you safe, fun and engaging hockey with our junior hockey camps starting Monday 27 July, running every Monday and Tuesday until the end of August:
Sessions will run 10-3pm (options for early drop-off and late pick-up 9 to 4) for 5 weeks from 27th July:
27-28 July, 3-4 August, 10-11 August, 17-18 August, 24-25 August
Please use this link for booking - also please note that when spaces are full, there will no longer be a camp booking option:
To see what our camps are normally like, please scroll down. Our 2020 sessions will be similar but with measures for safetly in place due to the virus pandemic.
We also offer 1-2-1 and small group sessions (with our without a coach). These can be booked here:
GHC Junior Camps
Our camps are expertly designed and run by our GHC Director of Hockey, double Olympian Dan Fox. A wide variety of coaches including international and premier league players participate in the coaching as well.
Superb coach to player ratios and outstanding player and coaching experience mean players learn a lot, are inspired and have fun.
Non-GHC Players are very welcome.
Have a look at past camps to see how they run and who has been coaching recently:
All sessions are under the direction of GHC Director of Hockey, Dan Fox. In addition to his long, top-level playing career in the Premier League, England and GB, Dan has extensive experience coaching National League teams, in the England Hockey Player Pathway (U21s, U18s, U15 and U17 Performance Centres), with GHC Juniors and in Schools.
Outfielders age 6-15
The focus of these sessions is "fun and engaging hockey". Book one, two or all three days. This camp usually fills up with players 8 years old and up, but younger players who are keen are also very welcome: fun, engaging hockey for players of all abilities and levels of experience.
- With a great team of coaches, players train in small groups with other players of similar ability and age to provide an environment that is enjoyable and allows everyone to improve.
- Players training/preparing for England Hockey Player Pathway Development - Academy and Performance Centres - are very welcome; we always have a good mix of GHC members and players from local Schools and other Clubs.
- If you would like more information or to discuss or assess the suitability of sessions for younger players, please get in touch. Contact details for camp organisers are below.
- £50 per day (sibling/multi-day discount: £45 per sessions per player booking more than one session or sibling).
Goalkeepers of all ages are very welcome in all sessions (GHC members GK rate is £15).
Details and What to Bring...
Time: 10-3pm (please arrive at least 10 minutes early for registration; there are options for early drop at 9 and late pick-up at 4pm)
What to Bring:
- Hockey Stick
- Shin Pads
- Water Bottle
- Lunch - PLEASE NOTE Could we ask you to avoid nuts in the lunch boxes due to allergies.
- Sunblock and hats
- Lightweight Waterproofs (because this is the UK and we can have 4 seasons in one day!)
- Left Hand Glove (receommended to prevent hand injuries).
We look forward to seeing many of you out there and hope you enjoy the course!