Junior Subscription and Match Fees
Junior Member Subscription Fees
Please note a necessary condition of GHC Junior Membership is that at least one parent/guardian is required to be a GHC Adult Member. If you are a Parent who will also play at GHC, please register as an Adult Member.
If you are a Parent who does not play, please register yourself first as an Adult Social Member in our online system, LoveAdmin, and then register your child (who will be attached to your registration):
- £20 for a Parent who is not covered by a Playing Membership (this is the Adult Social Membership - and also serves as a sibling discount)
- Please note that a Junior Player's age group is based on the school year calendar i.e. the relevant age is the age a child turns between 1 September 2019 and 31 August 2020...
- £130 for a U17/U18 player (players turning 17 and 18 years old during the season i.e. between 1 Sep to 31 Aug)
- £180 for a U11-U17 junior player (players turning 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 years old during the season i.e. betweeen 1 Sep and 31 Aug)
- £160 for a player in the U10 age group (players turning 9 or 10 years old during the season i.e. between 1 Sep and 31 Aug)
- £110 for a player in the U8 age group (players turning 6, 7 or 8 years old during the season i.e. between 1 Sep and 31 Aug)
Junior Match Fees
We do not charge a match fee for playing in games that are included in the normal League and England Hockey Cup season. Extra tournaments that are out of season and tours that have tournament entry fees may need to be covered by the participating players (an out of season tournament or special tour for a specfic team would come outside of a normal season's subs).
Hospitality is an important part of team sport and of club hockey in particular. Certain competitions' rules require (at least strongly encourage) that the teams enjoy a match tea together after the match - these are EH Cup and Premier League matches. We ask players to contribute to the cost of the match tea for both teams - this is reciprocated when we have away matches (the host club offers our players a tea).
The charge is usually £5 and it may be that you are asked to contribute this a few times per season - depending upon which events are hosted at GHC. The teams affected are usually the Under 14, 16 and 18 EH Cup and Premier League teams.
Other teams are also encouraged to arrange match teas with their opposition if they so wish.
Juniors who play in Senior teams (Saturday League hockey) pay a reduced match fee of £5.
Overall Cost of Junior Hockey
We have reviewed the cost of our subscription fee (including the £0 match fee with the exception of match teas) compared to other local hockey clubs and to other organised sport that children play. Your child has access to about 30 weekly training sessions during the season and most players will play in between 10 and 30 matches.
On a per session basis, it is difficult to find better value. Our large pool of volunteers help us to keep costs down - our hard-working volunteer pool means that subs go to cover our biggest costs including pitch hire and top coaching.
For any subscription or match fee related questions, please email our treasurer,
or phone 07790 023570.
LoveAdmin Registration Instructions & Link
Please find the link to the online registration tool below. First please have a look at the relevant instructions.
New Members: Juniors and Junior Parents (playing and non-playing)
If you are a new GHC member (didn’t play at GHC in 2018/19), you will need to enter all contact and medical information and answer several questions – please allow 10 minutes for entering your and your child’s information and payment of subs; each subsequent child takes probably less than 5 minutes.
Using the tool for future seasons and other events during the season will be much simpler and quicker as most of the necessary details will already be in the system.
Please note - existing members need to follow instructions in their renewal email received from LoveAdmin in order that existing membership data are not lost (DO NOT create a new membership using the below process and link).
To get it right first time….
- Complete the registration in one session (avoid timing out) - please note that you will need medical information including doctor's name and address and also payment information (debit or credit card). It would be wise to have this to hand when you start in order to get through the registration screens as efficiently as possible.
- You MUST register an ADULT membership FIRST. You need to register an adult before adding a child. Previous seasons incorporated the £20 social membership for non-playing parents into the subs structure (the first sibling was £20 more). For the purposes of the LoveAdmin tool we need to have an adult attached to every Junior player; what used to be a £20 'sibling discount' is now covered by this Adult registration and £20 payment.
Read though all the information below then click on the link after point 10. This will open the LoveAdmin tool in a new window and allow you to refer back to these instructions during the registration process.
The link will take you to a Registration form on a system called LoveAdmin starting with a Membership Categories Page.
Register yourself (The Parent) FIRST - each Junior member must have a GHC Adult member associated with them. You (or your partner) will either be an Adult Social member or an Adult Playing member - choose the appropriate category for you (your family). Select '2019/20 Adult (…..)' membership category from the drop down list.
Fill in all the requested information (some mandatory) for yourself OR your partner.
Click on 'Submit and Add an Additional Member'.
Select '2019/20 Junior Membership (...)'.
Fill in all the requested information (some mandatory) for your child.
Click 'Submit and proceed to next page'.
Payment Screen - Choose 'Pay here'.
- Enter Details and Pay. Thank you.
New members: Click here for GHC Registration 2019/20 through LoveAdmin
How to pay using BACS
LoveAdmin supports our membership database and is a convenient and secure payment mechanism for which GHC incurs an additional 3% charge. It is GHC's preferred payment method as it minimises the time Club Volunteers spend on administration and maximises their efforts on the delivery of GHC Social and Coaching activities - please use online payment through LoveAdmin.
If members are unable or unwilling to use the online payment facility, it is possible to pay by electronic fund transfers using BACS (details below). Please use your name as a reference and notify by email Mark Lenel (Treasurer) to allow him to record your payment. Please note that cheques are no longer be accepted.
GUILDFORD HOCKEY CLUB
If you prefer to pay by standing order, please email our treasurer,
or phone 07790 023570.