Registration for the 2017/18 Season
For the 2017/18 season we continue to use the online registration and membership management tool, PaySubsOnline (PSO):
- New members are asked to register on the system using the link below; details and payment will be requested. Choose the 'Adult Triallist' and 'Junior Triallist' options if your are trialling (choose 'Adult Social' and 'Junior Member' if you are joining without trialling).
- Returning members please use the link that was emailed to you from the PSO system to re-new your subscription (ie not the link below) in order that existing membership information is retained.
EVERY Player age 18 and under (as of 1st September 2017) must have an online registration form completed by a parent or guardian. A parent or guardian must register first and then register their Junior Player. Registration and consent is a requirement of England Hockey to whom we are affiliated and is also necessary for insurance purposes.
Please have a look below at the information about
- Junor Subscriptions and Match Fees
- How to Pay
- Juniors Training and Playing with Adult Teams (age 13 and up)
- Squads and Birthdates
Please use this link for new members only (returning members, please do not use this link but refer to instructions in the email you will have received from PSO in order to retain information already in the system):
New members: Click here to go to our 2017/18 PSO Registration page - you will start by selecting a membership type from a drop down list: 'Adult (Social)' if you are not a player yourself and then 'Junior Membership')
Thank you in advance.
Junior Subscription and Match Fees
Junior Member Subscription Fees
Please note a necessary condition of GHC Junior Membership is that at least one parent/guardian is required to be a GHC Adult Member (Social or Playing). For information about Adult Playing Membership please click here; Adult Social Membership is £20.
- £20 for a Junior Player's Parent if not an Adult Playing Member (one per family)
- £160 for a player in the U12+ junior player in a family (includes age 11 -18)
- £150 for a player in the U10 age group (includes age 9 and 10)
- £90 for a player in the U8 age group
Junior Match Fees
Match fees are payable for home EH Cup and Premier League matches (both competitions' rules require a match tea and the match fee is to cover the cost of the match tea when GHC host). The teams affected are the top team of the Under 14, 16 and 18 squads.
This season Junior teams will be organising match teas for other teams as well in order for more or our Juniors to enjoy the match tea experience with their teammates and opponents - a special part of the club hockey experience.
Overall Cost of Junior Hockey
We have reviewed the cost of our subscription fee (including the £0 match fee with the exception of match teas) compared to other local hockey clubs and to other organised sport that children play. Your child has access to about 30 weekly training sessions during the season and most players will play in between 10 and 30 matches.
On a per session basis, it is difficult to find better value. Our large pool of volunteers help us to keep costs down - our hard-working volunteer pool means that subs go to cover our biggest costs including pitch hire and top coaching.
For any subscription or match fee related questions, please email our treasurer,
or phone 07790 023570.
How to pay
PaySubsOnline supports our membership database and is a convenient and secure payment mechanism for which GHC incurs an additional 3% charge. It is GHC's preferred payment method as it minimises the time Club Volunteers spend on administration and maximises their efforts on the delivery of GHC Social and Coaching activities - please use online payment through PSO.
If members are unable or unwilling to use the online payment facility, it is possible to pay by electronic fund transfers using BACS (details below). Please use your name as a reference and notify by email Mark Lenel (Treasurer) to allow him to record your payment. Cheques can no longer be accepted.
GUILDFORD HOCKEY CLUB
If you prefer to pay by standing order, please email our treasurer,
or phone 07790 023570.
Juniors Training and Playing with Adult Teams
Club policy is for Junior Players to play in their age group. Some of our older Junior players will benefit from and enjoy the challenge of playing with our various Men's and Ladies' teams. England Hockey policy (and therefore Club policy) requires a Junior player to be at least 13 years old to play in adult matches (15 for England Hockey Leagues).
It is important for parents to be aware of the differences between Junior and Adult hockey. We therefore require parents of all Junior players who would like to participate in Adult training sessions and matches to read the information about Juniors playing adult hockey and to consent to their playing taking part.
The necessary consent is now part of the online member registration process in PSO. A member's details are a live record can be updated by parents during the season as required to give consent.
Please read the information about Juniors playing Adult hockey here:
Squads and Birthdates
- Under 18 - turning 17 or 18 this school year, ie, on or after 1st September 2017
- Under 16 - turning 15 or 16 this school year, ie, on or after 1st September 2017
- Under 14 - turning 13 or 14 this school year, ie, on or after 1st September 2017
- Under 12 - turning 11 or 12 this school year, ie, on or after 1st September 2017
- Under 10 - turning 9 or 10 this school year, ie, on or after 1st September 2017
- Under 8 - turning 6, 7 or 8 this school year, ie, on or after 1st September 2017
England Hockey and the Girls and Boys Leagues all work to a system of two year age groups. We prefer to keep players in their correct age group. There are exceptional circumstances, particularly in the very young squads as players are learning and developing at different rates.
There are strict rules, however, in League and Cup competitions that require players to stick to their age groups. When players are ready and it will help their development, they can play with our adult teams (more information below).
Please note that the England Hockey Player Pathway (formerly the 'Single System') including DC, AC, PC, and NAGS, runs on calendar year birthdates. Players with a birthdate between 1 Sep and 31 Dec will be in a different age group for the Player Pathway (County, Regional, National selection) than for the Club/League/EH Cup system and competitions.