Process of getting a DBS Check for Guildford HC
The first step is to email or Melinda Rock with your name as shown in your ID.
Here is how the process works:
- Michelle or Melinda creates an online application in the GBG Online Discloures website using your full name and email address. You will receive an email from GBG Online Disclosures with a link to your online application form.
- Click on the link, fill in the form and submit it to GBG. Michelle is notified by the system that the application has been activated and will let you know.
- You need to then show your three pieces of ID to Michelle or Melinda within 28 days of the application being activated in order for her to verify the ID documents that were used in filling the online form. A payment will be made by the club to cover the cost.
- You will receive a paper copy of the DBS in the post.
- Please also have 2 references completed and hand/send to Michelle. Download the Reference Form here.
It looks like a long process, but it is essentially one email to Michelle/Melinda, 5 minutes online to submit the application using 3 pieces of ID from the lists, document verification with Michelle/Melinda.
NB - If the document verification step is not done within 28 days of the application being activated, the whole process needs to start again (!). After 28 days an applicant who has not been verified in person will be deleted from the GBG online system automatically. (This is not GHC but the GBG system that imposes the deadline.)
Michelle’s contact details:
For verification, Michelle is at the Club most Friday evenings and she can be reached most other evenings at home (very easy to get to near Guildford Station):
48 Ludlow Road, Guildford GU2 7NW
Melinda's contact details:
Melinda is close to Charterhouse and can meet you there or anywhere local to Godalming or the club.