Welcome to the Women's Section
We've had a stunning 2018/19 with all five Women's teams coming 1st or 2nd in their leagues, all earning promotion!
Our 1st team have enjoyed back-to-back promotions and the team will play in South Div 1 for 2019/20 after having earned promotion to South Div 2 for the 2018/19 season.
Our 3rd and 4th XI have also come top of their leagues and earn promotion to Surrey Div 6 and 9, respetively for 2019/20. Our 4th XI team lost only one match all season - and that was to our 5th XI team who played in the same league.
Our 2nd and 5th teams finished 2nd and are have earned promotion to Surrey Divs 1 and 9.
We will be adding a 6th XI for 2019/20 - our third team added in three seasons!
The section has more than 60 members with now 6 teams entered into League and thriving Back to Hockey sessions for those who are new to the sport or haven't touched a stick in some time.
We have our own Clubhouse overlooking our excellent water-based Astroturf pitch. We also have a high quality sand-dressed Astroturf pitch.
Women's 1s celebrating their 2018/19 League Win and Promotion to South Div 1:
Women's 1s celebrating their 2017/18 League Win and Promotion to South Div 2:
Women's 2s celebrating their league table win and promotion 2016/17:
We welcome new members at all levels as we have a wide spread of abilities across our membership. Please contact for more information about our Women's section or click on any of the bold, maroon names below to email that person.
Our teams, leagues and captains for each squad are as follows:
- 1st XI - South Clubs' Women's Hockey League Division 1:
- 2nd XI - Surrey Ladies' Hockey League Division 1:
- 3rd XI - Surrey Ladies' Hockey League Division 6:
- 4th XI - Surrey Ladies' Hockey League Division 9:
- 5th XI - Surrey Ladies' Hockey League Division 9:
- 6th XI- Surrey Ladies' Hockey League Division 12:
- Veterans - please contact
- Mixed Hockey - Women and Men's Friendlies and Summer Hockey:
- Back to Hockey - please contact
Our training nights are Monday and Wednesday (during the League season - info below being updated for 2019/20):
- Women's 1s
- Monday 8pm-9:30 at Broadwater
- Wednesday 7:30-9:30 at Charterhouse (at Broadwater during September 2019)
- Women's 2s
- Wednesday 7:30-9:30 at Charterhouse
- combined session 7:30-8:30 with 1s (at Broadwater during September 2019)
- Women's 3s and 4s
- Monday 7:30pm-9pm at Broadwater
- Women's 5s, 6s and Back to Hockey
- Wednesday 8pm-9:30 at Charterhouse during September 2019 and from October at Broadwater
Many of our Juniors are invited to train and play with our Women's teams; our coaches work with individual players to manage this transition when it is right for the player.
We run Back to Hockey sessions on a Wednesday evening from 8m to 9.30pm. These sessions are designed for women who maybe haven't touched a hockey stick since their youth and are looking to brush up on their skills, have some fun, get fit or meet people (or all of the above). Beginners are also welcome. Many of those who come eventually play in a match once their confidence is up and if they so choose - no pressure, but the opportunity is there for it.
After each home game we invite our opposition and umpires to join us in the clubhouse for a hot meal and a cup of tea or a beverage (or two!) from the bar.
The Women's section run Summer Leagues on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays to enable players to keep up their fitness levels before pre-season training starts again in August.
If you would like further details, please see the training timetable below, contact one of the ladies listed above, or visit our Contacts page.