First Aid Kits
There are three types of First Aid Kit at GHC:
- Pitchside Kits for Use at Broadwater - labelled BLUE and SAND
- Team Kits - for use by each team for away matches and training sessions
- HSE Inspection Kits - PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THESE KITS (For HSE Inspection Only)
Stored in the annex to the clubhouse bar (for everyday use at GHC Broadwater)
There are two pitch-side Red Bags marked BAR BLUE PITCH and BAR SAND PITCH. These are kept in the small annex to the bar (the room one would have to go through to access the bar area, the door of which is to the left of the cork board). Each has a blue carabiner clip so the kit can be clipped to the fence.
Getting the Red Bag Kits from the Bar to the Pitch
- Match Days and Tournaments at Broadwater: the Captain/Squad Manager/Coach running the first game or training session of the day on each pitch should take the First Aid Kit out onto the pitch. When their match is finished the Captain/Squad Manager/Coach hands the kit over to the next team playing/training.
- The First Aid kit should be placed in easy access of a First Aider - this is often at the closest gate to the spectators but can also be with the players and coach/manager near the players’ bench or using the blue clip clipped to the fence near the entrance to the pitch gate.
- The Captain/Squad Manager/Coach of the last team playing/training on the pitch must return it to the annex behind the bar (door left of the cork board in the bar area).
Kit Contents and Treatment
The Pitch Side Kits have the basics needed to treat an injury at pitch side.
Any after care and wound dressings should be done by a qualified First Aider in the First Aid room downstairs; this is the door on the left as you enter the main entrance (double doors) to the club house.
HSE Kits For Inspection
Green box kits, stored in the annex to the bar hanging on the wall (not for general use)
We have two plastic case large First Aid kits on the wall in the entrance part of the bar.
These are for HSE inspection purposes only so please do not use them unless you really have to. They do not have ice packs in them and are primarily for emergency use and in case of inspection.
These have a red seal on them to show they are stocked and have not yet been used (if the seal is broken please let Michelle Fussell Know a.s.a.p 07976676821
Adult Team and Junior Squad Kits
Every Senior Team and each Junior Age Group is issued their own First Aid Kit for away matches, tours and training sessions.
Each Host Club is meant to provide First Aid, however, this is not always the case. So please make sure to take care of your kit, take it with you and replenish stock as necessary (see procedures for how to do this).