The Southern Counties Hockey Umpires' Association held their 2019/20 season AGM on Friday 25 September.
As with all other AGMs in 2020, this was held via online video conference. But that didn't take any of the shine off of the awards part of the meeting.
And we are thrilled to say that Guildford HC won the "Sheila Plant" award for Best Women's Hospitality.
Well done to Dave and Andrew and the whole catering and bar team at GHC who do such a fantastic job. We look forward to a time when match teas and socialising can be what they were in 2019/20 - until then, of course, we will be social distancing.
The full list of SCHUA 2019/20 awards:
- Mason award (merit/progress) - Liam Sutton
- Tony White award (up & coming umpire) - Kim Taylor
- Gill Linnell award (services to SCHUA) - Ian Anguige
- Jon Nickerson award (coach of the year) - Chris Henderson
- Indoor umpire of the year - Liz Spencer
- Young umpire of the year - Sam Church
- Club hospitality:
- Men (Steve Woodward Trophy) - Bournemouth HC
- Women (Sheila Plant award) - Guildford HC
Congratulations to the winners.