Age Groups for Training and Matches
Please note that our squads span two year groups based on school year birthdates as per the England Hockey Championships. For the 2022/23 season, these are:
- Under 8 mixed - turning 6, 7 or 8 on or after 1st September 2022 (school years 2 and 3)
- Under 10 Boys - turning 9 or 10 on or after 1st September 2022 (years 4 and 5)
- Under 10 Girls - turning 9 or 10 on or after 1st September 2022 (years 4 and 5)
- Under 12 Boys - turning 11 or 12 on or after 1st September 2022 (years 6 and 7)
- Under 12 Girls - turning 11 or 12 on or after 1st September 2022 (years 6 and 7)
- Under 13 Girls - turning 13 on or after 1st September (year 8)
- Under 14 Boys - turning 13 or 14 on or after 1st September 2022 (years 8 and 9)
- Under 14 Girls - turning 14 on or after 1st September 2022 (year 9)
- Under 16 Boys - turning 15 or 16 on or after 1st September 2022 (years 10 and 11)
- Under 16 Girls- turning 15 or 16 on or after 1st September 2022 (years 10 and 11)
- Under 18 Boys - turning 17 or 18 on or after 1st September 2022 (years 12 and 13)
- Under 18 Girls- turning 17 or 18 on or after 1st September 2022 (years 12 and 13)
Contacts 2021/22 Season (will be updated for 2022/23 soon)
Age Group Communications
- Under 8 Boys and Girls:
- Under 10 Girls:
- Under 10 Boys:
- Under 12 Girls:
- Under 12 Boys:
- Under 14 Girls:
- Under 14 Boys:
- Under 16 Girls:
- Under 16 Boys:
- Under 18 Girls:
- Under 18 Boys:
- Junior Goalkeepers:
- Member Registrations:
- Young Leaders Coaching Programmes:
- Holiday Camps:
- Future Stars Programme:
- Club Welfare Officer:
- DBS Checks and Document Verification:
- First Aid:
- First Aid Courses:
- First Aid Kits & Supplies:
- GHC Kit Questions:
- Schools Liaison:
- Schools Coaching Programme:
- Pitch Bookings:
- Catering and Clubhouse:
See our Training Times webpage here.
Opportunities to Play in Senior Teams
For those Juniors wishing to play in Senior teams, this can be a really good way to progress and challenge yourself. England Hockey requires any juniors playing in adult leagues to be 13 years old.
- Girls wishing to play Adult hockey are welcome to train with Ladies squads on Monday and/or Wednesday evenings (minimum age is 13). Under 18 Girls training sessions will also take place on an ad hoc basis. Please contact your Lead Coach/Squad Manager for more information.
- Boys wishing to play Adult hockey are welcome to train with the appropriate level Men's teams (minimum age is 13): Wednesday (5s, 6s, 7s and Vets), Thursday (3s, 4s), Tuesday (1s, 2s, by invitation), Thursday (1s, by invitation). Please contact your Lead Coach/Squad Manager for more information.
See more information here.
What to Bring
Remember the essentials: mouthguard, shin pads and (named) water bottle. If your child is new to the sport and doesn't yet have a stick, we have sticks to lend.
Trainers are fine but if your child sticks with hockey, you will find that astro trainers will give more grip on the astropitches.
Please make sure your child checks in with the squad manager for attendance before going onto the pitch. Thank you.
One of our Sponsor Partners is a dental surgeon who makes quality, hand-fitted mouthguards. Please contact if you would like to set up a fitting. She is at the club a few times per year which will be advertised in our weekly newsletter during the season. These really are quality products - click on the logo to visit Deb's website.
Our Junior Section runs thanks to the tens of volunteers who generously donate their energy, time and skills to youth hockey. Please if you can spare some time to help. Areas where we need help include both hockey and non-hockey related roles:
- Squad and Team management
- Match reporting
- Support for Tournaments
- Database management
Back to Hockey - Parents Welcome!
And parents, if you are a former or aspiring player and would like to either dust off the cobwebs or learn some basics, please consider our Men's and Ladies Back to Hockey. Light training sessions in a social setting. Please get in touch with (Men) or (Women) for more information.