Guildford HC - 100 Club Rules
The 100 Club is a great way for any member to support GHC. As the name suggests…we are looking to get 100 Club members participating in this Club Lottery. The objective of the 100 Club is not to add directly to the operating income of GHC, but rather to be used on specific projects to improve and enhance the playing and social experience of GHC members around the clubrooms and pitches at Broadwater. If we can get membership up to our target of 100 we can raise around £3000 per year.
Potential Projects for 100 Club funds
- New Video Equipment for post-game analysis - 4K digital camera and tripod, editing and analysis software, online analysis and video sharing programme (~£1800)
- Filming matches for analysis offers a brilliant way to reflect and improve performance across the club; it is something that our Junior players in the Player Pathway will need to succeed in the future.
- International Masterclass Sessions (~£1000)
- Series of masterclass sessions run at the club on Wednesday evenings delivered by international players.
- Open to Adult and Junior Members
- Focusing on specific skills e.g. goalscoring, dragflicking, 1v1 skills, hitting, etc.
- Hockey Goal Replacements
- Extra Coaching sessions
- Balcony Refurbishment
- Scoreboard Refurbishment
- Improved Outdoor Seating Facilities
- New Safety Equipment ie Short Corner gear
- Indoor Hockey Boards and Goals
100 Club Rules
1) The name of the draw is the Guildford Hockey Club 100 Club, regardless of the number of members. Hereafter referred to as “The Lottery”.
2) The objective of the Lottery is to raise funds for the general purpose of Guildford Hockey Club. Hereafter called ‘The Club’. The Club is based at: Broadwater School, Summers Road, Godalming.
3) The Lottery will be administered by The 100 Club Competition Secretary appointed by the Board of The Club.
4) The Lottery will be open to anybody aged 18 or over. Shares will be sequentially numbered from 1 onwards. Participants are entitled to hold any number of shares. A purchaser of a share becomes a participant in the Lottery. Once a numbered share has been allocated it cannot be changed or transferred within the competition.
5) The Lottery will be run monthly from September to August, providing a minimum of 21 shares have been allocated and fully paid up by the date of the draw in each given month. If fewer than 21 shares have been allocated and paid up, the competition will not be run that month. If the Lottery does not run then any amounts received in respect of that month’s Lottery will be refunded.
The first draw will be on the last Friday in September and monthly thereafter on the last Friday of the month. The draw will be made using an automatic random number generator or other such means as The Competition Secretary deems appropriate. All participants are entitled to attend the draws, which must be held in the presence of at least 2 members of The Club committee. In the event of multiple draws taking place at one time, numbers will be drawn for the monthly competition first, followed by the Bonus Draw in that order.
6) The number of shares in the Lottery shall in the first instance be limited to 100 and each share shall be allocated a unique number. The Competition Secretary will confirm the number of each participant’s allocated share(s) by e-mail, upon receipt of first monthly payment in GHC’s bank accounts.
7) The subscription for each share is £5 per month payable in advance by standing order.
Standing Order Instructions
Payment Reference: 100Club <####> <YourSurname> (where #### is your unique share number)
Payment Date: 1st of the month
Payment Amount: £5
Payment Interval: Monthly (12 per annum)
Receiver Bank Details: Guildford Hockey Club, 40-22-26, 72651637
Entry into the draw will be on receipt of first monthly payment.
8) At least 50% of the total monthly subscriptions will be donated to The Club. Draws will be held on the following basis:
|Number of Shares Issued|
|end of season||£50||£100||£150|
9) The winner of each draw will be notified by e-mail. Winners will be contacted by The Competition Secretary as soon as possible after the draw to arrange the BACS transfer of prize money to winner’s bank account. A list of prize winning numbers for each draw will be published on The Club website and also in the Club's weekly email newsletter Intouch.
10) The Competition Secretary will not pay a prize to any Participant other than the purchaser of a winning share.
11) No Lottery participant will be included in the draw if the subscription for that month has not been received. It is the responsibility of each Participant to make sure they have paid their subscription. The Competition Secretary reserves the right to reallocate any number where payment has not been received for a period of 3 months.
12) Under no circumstances will any subscription be refunded except as detailed in point 5. If a participant wishes to withdraw from future draws of the Lottery they can do so at anytime by cancellation of their Standing Order and Notification of the Competition Secretary.
13) The management of the Lottery shall be vested in the Board of The Club, whose decision shall be final in any matter requiring adjudication. The Board shall have power to amend or revoke these rules at their absolute discretion. The rules of the Lottery will be available via The Club website and any changes will be notified to Participants via The Club website.
14) The Lottery’s accounts will be available for inspection on request to the Treasurer of The Club. All surplus income over expenditure shall be donated to The Club.
15) The Lottery is intended to be a Private Society Lottery under the provisions of the Gambling Act 2005.
Any questions or feedback, please contact our .