GHC Junior Goalkeepers
GHC have nearly 40 junior goalkeepers from U10 to U18! Our goalkeepers are really motivated to improve - they train hard and play as many matches as they can.
They enjoy a weekly specialist training session during the season (Sep to Mar); these take place on a Friday evening. We also have lots of options for extra coaching both during the summer and school holidays and also mid-week during the season.
Please have a look at the options below for our latest dates and courses.
Registration for the season is now open, please see our Registration & Subs 2016/17 webpage.
For any GHC Junior goalkeeping questions, please contact
If you don't have your own kit or would like to have a go at 'keeping, we can lend kit for a £100 deposit.
2016/17 Goalkeeper Weekly Training During the Season
Weekly specialist GK training sessions during the season will be delivered by Fortitude Hockey UK Ltd taking place on a Friday evening at Broadwater School:
- 6-7pm Under 12s
- 7-8pm Under 14s
- 8-9pm Under 16s and 18s and Adults
Keepers are also encouraged to participate in their squad training. Please see training times here.
GK Academy with Fortitude UK Ltd - Monday evening
- 12 September 2016 – 17 October 2016 - SIX Sessions £90
- 7 November 2016 – 12 December 2016 - SIX Sessions £90
- 9 January 2017 – 6 February 2017 - FIVE Sessions £75
- 27 February 2017 – 3 April 2017 - SIX Sessions £90
Goalkeeping Half-term Courses - Next Up: February
Please check dates and booking form soon. Below was our October offering:
The sessions take place at GHC (Broadwater School) and include skills like kicking, clearing, shot stopping, pad saves, 9 yard zone, hand saves, smothering, blocking, sliding, ground work, diving air saves, penalty corner saves, 1v 1s, body saves, decision making and more.
- spare clothing is useful in case it is very wet or warm; you are likely to get wet or sweat and may need something dry to put on after a session
- please make sure to bring a water bottle